i’ve seen more posts of people being excited for Home than this movie, which made me upset because this movie comes out before Home does (not that i am saying that you shouldn’t praise Home as well). and as for Big Hero 6 (a movie that also comes out after the Book of Life) and the people saying that there is a lack of representation of Asians in media, i feel you. why? because there is a bigger lack of hispanics, and i agree Disney messed up, you be upset. but be happy for Hispanics as well because we finally got an animated movie representing us and our culture. so please go see this movie when it comes out.
that is all i ask.
When I saw the trailer for this when I went to see the Lego movie it was so stunning I knew it was a movie I had to see
Also it looks like it;s by the same person who did El tirge
which was a great and fun show
ALSO!!! So far the trailers have be CHOCK FULL of allusions and references to different parts of Mexican culture and history!!
That beautiful lady up there is La Muerte and she’s straight up based off Catrinas which are popular figures and dolls used to represent Dia De Los Muertos.
NOT ONLY THAT but the weird texture on her skin is sugar! Why sugar? Sugar skulls! They’re a common treat found being sold by vendors and made by other families on Dia De Los Muertos.
BUT WOAH DON’T STOP THERE Along with having those two things play into her design she also has cempasúchil (marigold to put it simply) flowers in her hat. Why’s that important? Those are called flor de los muertos, flower of the dead. They’re used to honor the dead and decorate the altars made by loved ones of the deceased.
And this is just ONE design. All of that thought, care, and attention to detail went into ONE design and that’s only scratching the surface. This isn’t even touching on the adelita twins NOR the town itself.
Like really, this is turning out to be a film crafted out of pure love and respect for the culture and the medium itself and, like OP, all I ask is that you PLEASE go check out this film when it’s released.
Because while you may verbally support it, the studio and the industry itself NEEDS to see money tied in with your voice and the voices of everyone else who has been supporting this film.
And hey! Danny Trejo and Ron Perlman are in it!
So yeah, GO WATCH THE BOOK OF LIFE.
- DC: Wonder Woman is too difficult to find a movie audience for-
- Marvel: YO YOU LIKE BLACK WIDOW? HERE SHE IS IN THE NEXT CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE WITH A TON OF SCREENTIME AND MAJOR ASSKICKING SKILLS
- DC: We can't allow the lesbians in Batwoman to get married in the comic, sorry.
- Marvel: HEY GUESS WHAT WE'RE GONNA FEATURE A GAY WEDDING ON THE COVER OF AN X-MEN ISSUE
- DC: The new direction for storytelling needs to be dark, gritty, mature and cynical.
- Marvel: DUDE CHECK IT OUT LOKI GOES SPEED DATING IS THAT NOT THE BEST SHIT EVER
- DC: After years of rumors, the Superman/Batman movie is finally coming, but with a new actor and suit for Batman and MAYBE a cameo from Wonder Woman.
- Marvel: PHASE 2 MOTHERFUCKERS EVERYONE IS IN EVERYONE'S MOVIE AND THERE AIN'T NO STOPPIN US NOW
- DC: We can try to add maybe one or two 'people of color' to our lineup...maybe...
- Marvel: NEW MS MARVEL THAT'S MUSLIM AMERICAN, BITCHES.
- DC: We feel no problem with Batman's vengeful personality being like wet cardboard.
- Marvel: NEW LATINA GHOST RIDER WHO SEEKS VENGEANCE WHILE TAKING HIS AWEET LIL BRO FOR ICE CREAM
- DC: We can't mention any superhero titles in our movies, that's ridiculous.
- Marvel: FUCK YEAH YOU WANT A RACOON VOICED BY BRADLEY COOPER WITH A GIANT GUN? YOU WANT VIN DIESEL PLAYING A TREE? AMY FUCKING POND PLAYING A SEXY BALD SPACE PIRATE? HERE YOU FUCKERS GO
- DC: Our fanbase is mostly white males, I'm sure our focus is-
- Marvel: NEW SHE HULK LINE WHERE SHE GOES TO COURT THEN SAVES NEW YORK
- DC: Wait-
- Marvel: NEW FEMALE THOR
- DC: I didn't-
- Marvel: NEW BLACK CAPTAIN AMERICA
- Marvel: TAKE ALL THIS COOL SHIT MARVEL BE OUTIE
- Marvel: PEACE